1. The Migraine Trust
The Migraine Trust seeks to empower, inform, and support those affected by migraine while educating health professionals and actively funding and disseminating research.
The Migraine Trust is the health and medical research charity for migraine in the United Kingdom. They are committed to supporting people living with migraine by providing them and their families with evidence based information. They seek to raise migraine as a serious public health issue.
The Migraine Trust funds and promotes research into migraine in order to better understand it, to improve diagnosis and treatment and ultimately to find a cure for this debilitating condition. You can read more about them here.
2. Migraine Action
Migraine Action is a registered national charity which, for over 50 years, has been providing support to those affected by migraine, whether individuals, families, employers or employees and medical professionals.
They do this by providing:
- Advice (whether on the phone, online or in person).
- Information (through booklets, our websites, including specific sites for young migraineurs, and the support of a nurse specialist on our dedicated helplines).
- Research (collaborating with academic institutions in order to understand the causes of, and reduce the impact of migraine).
- Providing a link between medical professionals and those who are affected by migraine.
You can read more about them here.
3. British Association for the Study of Headache (BASH)
The British Association for the Study of Headache (BASH) is the United Kingdom national society member of the International Headache Society (IHS) and the European Headache Federation (EHF).
Membership is open to all health care professionals with an interest in headache. All members of BASH are automatically members of IHS and receive its journal, Cephalalgia, as benefits of membership. They work closely with other UK headache groups.The Association was founded in 1992 by Dr TJ Steiner, The Princess Margaret Migraine Clinic, Charing Cross Hospital, London and was incorporated in 1998.
You can read more about BASH here.
4. Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital
Take a look at the services they offer here.
5. Barts Health NHS Trust
Take a look at the services Barts Health offers here.
To make an appointment for a private consultation with Dr Maniyar, Please call at the following numbers depending on your desired hospital –
1. City of London Medical Center, Tower Hill (London Bridge Hospital branch) – +44(0)20 7234 2009
2. The London Independent Hospital (BMI), Stepney Green, London – 020 7780 2400
3. The Nuffield Brentwood Hospital, Essex – 01277 695695
Alternatively, you can call Dr Maniyar’s secretary on 07594 994675 to discuss the consultation, rates, conditions etc. Please leave a message if the phone is not answered straightaway and somebody will contact you on the same day. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dr Maniyar directly at email@example.com